Diagnostic Test Menus
Diagnostic Testing for CMV, EBV, HHV-6 and HHV-7
Due to the ubiquitous nature of human herpesviruses HHV-6, HHV-7, CMV and EBV, traditional PCR tests may detect DNA from a latent viral infection rather than an active one. Coppe Laboratories perform specialized tests on cellular and non-cellular samples such as blood, bone marrow and CSF. Our tests distinguish latent and active infections ensuring physicians have all the information needed for accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Lyme Disease Confirmatory & Comprehensive Diagnostic Test
At Coppe Laboratories, we use Lyme tests that exceed the current testing guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC currently recommends a two-step process when testing for evidence of antibodies against the Lyme disease bacteria, Borrelia. We employ this two-step approach, using recombinant VlsE and OspC antigens to increase test sensitivity. Our Lyme Disease panel tests for multiple strains of Borrelia burgdorferi, the European species B. garinii, B. afzelii and detects B. miyamotoi.
- both steps can be done using the same sample
- testing is recommended 4-6 weeks after initial tick bite
Coppe Laboratories provides both a direct and indirect test for determination of Babesia. Both PCR and IFA tests can be performed as early as 1 week after symptoms appear. Both tests can be done on the same specimen.
Powassan PCR (Direct) and EIA/IFA (Serology)
The Powassan virus is a member of the Flaviviridae family that includes viruses like Zika, West Nile, Dengue Fever, and Hepatitis C. Like Lyme disease, Powassan virus is emerging in the same geographic areas throughout the Northeast and Midwest United States. It’s found in wooded and bushy areas as well as fields where Lyme-bearing ticks live. Coppe Laboratories is the first reference laboratory to provide diagnostic testing for the virus which can show symptoms similar to Lyme disease. The PCR test measures the actual virus RNA where the EIA test measures a patient’s antibody response to the virus.
How to Order a Test
1. Complete the Test Request Form (this is included in the Sample Collection Kit: download Test Request Form.)
2. To order a Sample Collection Kit, please call 262-574-0701 or order kits online
3. Follow the sample collection instructions included in the kit: view sample collection instructions
4. Package the sample and test request form into the Sample Collection Kit and ship back to Coppe Laboratories using the included FedEx® label