For private practice physicians wishing to submit a sample, in advance please order sample collection kits here or by calling us at (262) 574-0701.
For arthropod-borne disease test submissions, follow these steps:
1. Complete the test request form. (You may wish to download and save the form first before completion.)
2. Email the test request form to us through our secure, encrypted email at email@example.com to give our laboratory advance notice of sample submission.
3. Follow the instructions included in the kit. SAMPLES SHOULD BE DRAWN MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY.
4. Please include the completed test request form with the sample.
5. Send the sample overnight using the postage paid mailer included in the kit. Coppe Laboratories accepts shipments MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. Holiday closures will be posted on our home page.
For laboratory reference, a sample and shipping requirement guide is shown below. For more detailed information regarding each test, go to the “Diagnostic Tests” tab at the top of the page and click on individual tests for an expanded explanation.
|SPECIMEN TYPE||PREFERRED VOLUME||MINIMUM REQUIRED||STORAGE||SHIPPING|
|Nasopharyngeal (NP) swab collected in saline or Viral Transport Media (VTM)||1 – 3 mL||1 mL||Viral Transport Media: Ambient up to 72 hours; >72 hours frozen.
Saline: Refrigerate up to 72 hours; >72 hours frozen.
|Viral Transport Media: < 72 hours ambient; >72 hours dry ice.
Saline: < 72 hours ice packs; >72 hours dry ice.
|Nasal swab collected dry (collection kits available upon request)||1 swab||1 swab||Frozen||Dry ice|
|Whole blood: collected in EDTA tubes (collection kits available upon request)||3 mL||1 mL||Ambient 48 hours||Ambient|
|Plasma: Whole blood collected in EDTA , processed to plasma and transferred to a cryotube or sterile vial||1 mL||0.5 mL||Refrigerator 6 days; frozen 1 year||If not previously frozen, ice packs. If frozen, dry ice.|
|Serum||1 mL||0.5 mL||Refrigerator 6 days; frozen 1 year||If not previously frozen, ice packs. If frozen, dry ice.|
|Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)||1 mL||0.5 mL||Refrigerator 6 days; frozen 1 year||If not previously frozen, ice packs. If frozen, dry ice.|
|Bone marrow: collected in ACD or EDTA tube||1 mL||1 mL||Ambient < 48 hours||Ambient|
|Cord blood:collected in ACD or EDTA tube||1 mL||1 mL||Ambient < 48 hours||Ambient|
|Hair follicle (Preferred over nail clipping)||2-3 hairs with follicles||2-3 hairs with follicles||Ambient||Ambient|
|Nail clipping||5-10 clippings||2-3 clippings||Ambient||Ambient|
|Tissue Slides for IHC: 6 unstained slides, 4 micron thick sections||6 slides||6 slides||Ambient||Ambient|
A pdf copy of the sample requirement is here: Sample Collection Requirements