Test: Arthropod-borne Disease Panel
The Arthropod-borne Disease Panel is a comprehensive diagnostic tool to detect exposure to arthropod-transmitted illnesses.
Tests include the following:
- #3001 Lyme Borrelia Screening Test (Total Antibody [IgG/IgM] EIA)
- #3002 Lyme Confirmatory Tests (IgG and IgM Line Blots)
- #3008 Powassan Virus IgG/IgM EIA (reflex to IFA if positive)
- #3013 Babesia IgG IFA
- #3014 Anaplasma IgG/IgM IFA
- #5000 West Nile Virus IgM EIA
Sample InstructionsNote to Private Practice Physicians
Please contact Coppe Laboratories to request a sample collection kit ahead of the scheduled blood draw. The kit contains instructions, EDTA tube, test request form, and prepaid overnight postage.
1. Collect whole blood in EDTA tube labeled with patient name, date of birth, and date and time of draw. SAMPLES MUST BE DRAWN MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY and sent overnight. If submitting plasma, process to plasma, and place in sterile vial or cryotube labeled with patient name, date of birth, and date and time of draw. Serum should be placed in sterile vial or cryotube labeled as above.
2. Place tube into a biohazard bag with an absorbent pad and seal.
3. Complete the test request form by clicking on the green Hospital/Institution Ordering button located in the blue box. Scan and send to email@example.com to give Coppe Laboratories notification that the sample is being sent.
4. Place the form and the sample in another sealable bag or pouch, seal, and ship according to the listed shipping specifications.
5. Send the sample using an overnight delivery service. Coppe Laboratories accepts shipments MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. Holiday closures will be posted on the home page of the Coppe website, www.coppelabs.com.
Volume / Collection Type
N/AWB, 3.0 mL;
Plasma/Serum 1.0 mLWB, 1.0 mL;
Plasma/Serum 0.5 mLWB, Room temperature <48 hours; Plasma/Serum, Refrigerator, 6 days; frozen 1 yearWB, Room temperature; Plasma/Serum: If frozen, dry ice; if not previously frozen, ice packs
Specimen:N/AVolume / Collection Type:WB, 3.0 mL;
Plasma/Serum 1.0 mLMinimum:WB, 1.0 mL;
Plasma/Serum 0.5 mLStorage:WB, Room temperature <48 hours; Plasma/Serum, Refrigerator, 6 days; frozen 1 yearShipping:WB, Room temperature; Plasma/Serum: If frozen, dry ice; if not previously frozen, ice packs
Turn Around Time10 Business Days (Lyme portion – 5 business days)
From the main diagnostic tests menu, click on individual tests for methodologies used.